The Biggest Loser Weight Loss Program
“He’s back to his favorite activity of ‘wall jumping’ for the first time since he was a kitten!”
Laura Content with “Puck” the cat
“She has started going outside on her own after breakfast to go the the bathroom…she was having accidents in the house and not going outside before.”
Jeff Lloyd-Jones with “Trudy” the cat
“She doesn’t snore anymore!!”
Katie Babbitt with “Georgi” the Yorkie
More than 50% of dogs and cats in America are overweight or obese. Obesity in pets is the biggest epidemic that we face in veterinary medicine today. The effects of obesity are far reaching because it contributes to many other diseases and will shorten your pets life by up to 2 years. Obesity dramatically increases the risk of Diabetes, Heart Disease and Cancer of all types. Learn more about obesity or to see if your pet may be obese by choosing one of the following: Obesity & Pain in Dogs or Obesity & Pain in Cats.
Because we have so many patients that are very overweight if not obese we have set up a step by step weight loss reduction plan, The Biggest Loser Program, specifically tailored to your pet. You and your pet will work with Brittainy and Maya, our Certified Weight Coaches, to reach that ideal weight. To become certified, Maya and Brittainy had to take an online Weight Coach course which taught them all about the nutrition needs and digestive systems of dogs and cats. They were quizzed on individual topics regarding pet nutrition before they took their certification exam. In short, they have put countless hours into knowing your pets nutrition needs inside and out.
Benefits to joining the Biggest Loser Weight Loss Program:
- You will work directly with our Certified Weight Coaches Brittainy and Maya every month for up to 6 months.
- Your pet will reach their ideal weight in 6 month or less.
- You will receive personalized recommendations in the areas of diet, feeding amount, exercise and environment.
- You will receive a “Biggest Loser” folder with information to help you track your pets progress.
- Your pet will receive a complimentary bag of food when you feed a Royal Canin prescription diet.
- You will be able to connect with other pets and their loved ones during your pet’s weight loss endeavor through the Purina Pet Slim Down Project website.
- Your pet will be featured as one of ‘Our Biggest Losers’ in both our hospital lobby display and on our website and Facebook pages.
The cost to join the program is only $125.00
The cost to treat a diabetic pet: over $1500.00
Then cost to treat chronic arthritis in an over weight pet: $2000.00
The cost to have your pet happy, healthy and part of your family for an extended couple of years: PRICELESS!